The Biblical Goal, the Measure of All We Will Do…
“We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.”
(Colossians 1:28 NASB)
Vision Statement: The Men’s Ministry at San Tan Bible Church seeks to admonish, teach and present every man complete in Christ.
Mission Statement: God’s complete man is a disciple of Christ and a disciple maker for Christ (Matt 28:18-20).
God’s complete man – who is becoming sanctified, mature and thoroughly equipped for every God-assigned role and responsibility – lives out his biblical manhood in six integrated core spheres of his life.
- GOD’S COMPLETE MAN… “IN THE WORD”
- GOD’S COMPLETE MAN… “IN THE MIRROR”
- GOD’S COMPLETE MAN… “AT HOME”
- GOD’S COMPLETE MAN… “AT CHURCH”
- GOD’S COMPLETE MAN… “AT WORK”
- GOD’S COMPLETE MAN… “IN THE WORLD”
Saturday Mornings, 6am-8am
When God’s Men at STBC Gather…
- To devote themselves to the apostles’ teaching, the breaking of bread, fellowship, and prayer (Acts 2:42)
- To spur one another on to love and good deeds (Heb. 10:24-25)
- To pursue the prize, “complete” in Christ (Col. 1:28; Eph. 4:13; Phil. 3:14-15)
Big Breakfast Saturdays
Aug 17th, Sept 14th, Oct 12th, Nov 9th
Jan 11th, Feb 8th, Mar 14th, Apr 4th, May 9th
All the men of the church (sons and guests are always welcome) gather in the cafeteria at GCS for breakfast, fellowship, Bible teaching, testimonies, and prayer – all focused on one of the six core topics. The Big Breakfast is designed to be an integral part of the comprehensive ministry, but also will have stand-alone value for all who attend. Men who are new or who are not involved in Table Talk Groups will not feel “lost” or left out in any way.
Table Talk Saturdays (subsequent Saturdays of the month)
Small groups of men (5-6) meet in homes around a kitchen table to study, share, and pray – exploring more deeply the core topic that was introduced at that month’s Big Breakfast.
Annual Schedule Guidelines
- No meetings in June, July, and December
- No meetings on any major holiday weekends: including first Saturday in January, Shepherd’s conference week, Easter week, Memorial Day, first week of August, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
- 9 Monthly Big Breakfasts
- 21 Table Talks
- Total of 30 of 52 Saturdays
Weekly Bible Study Thursdays 6:00 - 7:15 AM
Sept 19th - Nov 21, 2019 and Jan 9 - May 14, 2020
The men are studying through Paul's first letter to the Corinthians and using the book below as the study guide. You can pick the book up at the information table at church or at the study itself. You can pay online here or place a designated payment in the offering Sunday.
As the gospel spreads to the far corners of the earth, the apostle Paul is under mounting pressure to provide doctrinal direction to maturing churches before they go astray. The Corinthian church in particular refused to separate themselves from their old, pagan ways, and their worldliness was affecting the church’s priority of spreading the gospel.
As a result, Paul writes 1 Corinthians, a corrective letter to the church in Corinth, that gives Christians black-and-white boundaries in a gray world. As he explains doctrinal truths directly relating to sin and righteousness, he outlines a foundation for godly behavior. Paul’s letter is a valuable tool of correction and encouragement for believers—then and now—to be alert, firm, mature, strong, and loving.